An Investment in Aflac
by | Posted 2.26.2013 | Post Comment (No Comments)

Aflac Inc. (AFL) is the world’s largest underwriter of supplemental cancer insurance. Aflac insurance products pay cash benefits directly to the insured to help protect against income and asset loss when a specific health event causes financial challenges. They are the number one provider of voluntary insurance products at the work-site in the United States and the number one life insurance company in Japan. In 2011, operations in Japan accounted for roughly 80% of profits while the other 20% was attributable to the United States. The company makes money by selling new insurance policies, collecting premiums from renewed insurance policies and from investment income made by investing the insurance premiums received.

Read the rest of this post @ DividendGrowthStockInvesting